Spitfire turntable animation, trying to get the detailed look of an early Mk.IIa
Supermarine Spitfire modeling - Work in Progress
One day an idea came to my mind and it’s now being realized through that beautiful airplane model. It reminded me as I was a kid I got my first plastic models. They were poor quality but it was a great fun to join all parts into one shape. Recently I decided to switch from low scale 3D models to large ones. It’s a relative impression, because in virtual 3D space all objects can have the same size, no matter how they’re big in real world. However the perception still imposes the connotation that small is small…
One big problem I’ve encountered is a lack of truly accurate plans/blueprints on the internet, weird. So 50% of detail I obtain through some reference photos. It takes more time to get that proper look but… that’s the current chalenge.
Image above is a path of concept evolution for that final virus image below. I had to re-learn Blender 3D because I’ve dropped it some time ago due the version and interface changes.
New renderer engine Cycles inspired me to get familiar with that changed interface and add more graphics to microstock portfolio. It took some time to recall the way it works, keystrokes and tricks. But it was pretty quick process.
The worst part was rendering, which took finally around 100 hours, two composite passes and some postprocessing. Cycles is physically correct renderer so it needs time to work, also it requires other tricks than Blender Internal to optimize the speed.
And this is the final image, available for download
Black Virus among the red blood cells
What is Blender 3D?
“Blender is the free open source 3D content creation suite,
available for all major operating systems under the GNU General Public License” by blender.org
Related articles about using Blender 3D on this site.
Blender 3D home page and Stable versions
Features and gallery | Downloads
Experimental Versions for more experienced users
Download experimental – various latest builds from graphicall.org
Cycles – get a version with the latest, physically correct rendering engine for Blender 3D
Start using Blender 3D
Cgtuts+ is a source of learning on all aspects of computer graphics
Video Tutorials – the best way to learn Blender 3D
Video Tutorials on Youtube
Try to use the latest possible version of Blender 3D and to watch the latest tutorials. Only if You can’t find information for Your version look at some older clips. Blender is under continuous developed so You might look for a feature which is not present in version You use.
Sample video tutorials about Cycles render engine.
see my sample commercial illustrations made with Blender 3D
submitted to Shutterstock
Watch Live MODELLING PROCESS of German wehicle from World War II – Kübelwagen type 82 using Blender
ROSA movie has ben made using Blender 3D + DAZ Studio
Top Sites You MUST TO KNOW
BACK TO LATEST ARTICLES
- Stock Photo: WARSAW, POLAND – AUGUST 23, 2014: Eclectic architecture of Warsaw City, old tenements among new skyscrapers. building the Warsaw Spire – browse portfolio for more photos and illustrations
- Stock Photo: WARSAW, POLAND – OCTOBER 30, 2014: Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and the Honor Guard, since 1925. Part of the Saxon Palace at Pilsudski Square – browse portfolio for more photos and illustrations
- Stock Photo: KUSADASI, TURKEY – OCTOBER 06, 2014: Assault ship, an aircraft carrier. Turkish multi purpose Landing Helicopter Dock. Class L-61, Juan Carlos I variant – browse portfolio for more photos and illustrations
- Stock Photo: TYKOCIN, POLAND – JUNE 01, 2014: Synagogue in Tykocin. Baroque style, Jewish temple since 17th century. Major tourist attraction of Tiktin – browse portfolio for more photos and illustrations
- Stock Photo: PISZ, POLAND – APRIL 11, 2014: Town hall in Pisz, built in 1900 , freshly renovated in 2013. Neogothic style – browse portfolio for more photos and illustrations
- Stock Photo: WARSAW, POLAND – MAY 18, 2010: Carmelite Church in Warsaw, 17th century neoclassical style and citizens of Warsaw City – browse portfolio for more photos and illustrations
- Stock Photo: WARSAW, POLAND – OCTOBER 30, 2014: Guard post at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and an eternal flame. Since 1925 – browse portfolio for more photos and illustrations
Here are two new illustrations covering the conceptual approach to the section sign known as a law metaphor. Those images support previously designed concepts in Law symbol travesty – paragraph and 3D human concepts enhanced versions. Good for Law Day at 01 May or various legal issues.
Why there are so many with this one subject? Because buyers need not good only but also fresh images and ideas.
There are still new concepts coming when I work on them. If the design idea is born it has to get out of my head, get accomplished some other way or just trashed. Inspiration needs to be used right away or it will pass. Each next dead idea can lead to inspiration loss and that isn’t probably what I want ;).
These graphics can be found for example on Shutterstock: paragraph selection, Fotolia paragraphs selection or Dreamstime paragraph collection.
For more sources view my Stock portfolio page.