Spitfire turntable animation, trying to get the detailed look of an early Mk.IIa
Supermarine Spitfire modeling - Work in Progress
One day an idea came to my mind and it’s now being realized through that beautiful airplane model. It reminded me as I was a kid I got my first plastic models. They were poor quality but it was a great fun to join all parts into one shape. Recently I decided to switch from low scale 3D models to large ones. It’s a relative impression, because in virtual 3D space all objects can have the same size, no matter how they’re big in real world. However the perception still imposes the connotation that small is small…
One big problem I’ve encountered is a lack of truly accurate plans/blueprints on the internet, weird. So 50% of detail I obtain through some reference photos. It takes more time to get that proper look but… that’s the current chalenge.
What is Blender 3D?
“Blender is the free open source 3D content creation suite,
available for all major operating systems under the GNU General Public License” by blender.org
Related articles about using Blender 3D on this site.
Blender 3D home page and Stable versions
Features and gallery | Downloads
Experimental Versions for more experienced users
Download experimental – various latest builds from graphicall.org
Cycles - get a version with the latest, physically correct rendering engine for Blender 3D
Start using Blender 3D
Cgtuts+ is a source of learning on all aspects of computer graphics
Video Tutorials – the best way to learn Blender 3D
Video Tutorials on Youtube
Try to use the latest possible version of Blender 3D and to watch the latest tutorials. Only if You can’t find information for Your version look at some older clips. Blender is under continuous developed so You might look for a feature which is not present in version You use.
Sample video tutorials about Cycles render engine.
see my sample commercial illustrations made with Blender 3D
submitted to Shutterstock
Watch Live MODELLING PROCESS of German wehicle from World War II - Kübelwagen type 82 using Blender
ROSA movie has ben made using Blender 3D + DAZ Studio
Top Sites You MUST TO KNOW
BACK TO LATEST ARTICLES
- Stock Photo: Amazing colorful sea shells – browse portfolio for more photos and illustrations
- Stock Photo: Sailboats reflections, Gdynia, Poland – browse portfolio for more photos and illustrations
- Stock Photo: Grunge arabic inscription, relief on the wall – browse portfolio for more photos and illustrations
- Stock Photo: GDYNIA, POLAND – SEPTEMBER 04: Sailboats and motorboats in port during Culture 2011 Tall Ships Regatta, 20 large vessels, dozen of smaller boats,1000 participants. September 04,2011 in Gdynia, Poland – browse portfolio for more photos and illustrations
- Stock Photo: Pirate ship – browse portfolio for more photos and illustrations
- Stock Photo: BENALMADENA CITY, SPAIN – APRIL 12, 2011: US Mississipi Willow paddle steamer side wheel, built in 1925, now a restaurant. – browse portfolio for more photos and illustrations
- Stock Photo: BENALMADENA CITY, SPAIN – APRIL 12, 2011: Mississipi Willow paddle steamer, built in 1925, now a restaurant. – browse portfolio for more photos and illustrations